Blog of Obscurity

A Very Munchkinly Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2005

An Introduction

I've been blogging for several months now on my own site. Like most bloggers, I've gone through spurts where there was really nothing to say. The idea of blogging several times daily just wasn't appealing or practical. That's not the kind of blog I really wanted anyway.

Also, since it was on my own site, there have been times where I really wanted to say something about home and/or work and couldn't. Some things just didn't belong out for the entire world to see.

The blog name "Blog of Obscurity" comes from a Steve Jackson game called "Munchkin". It's a card game parody of the "Dungeons & Dragons" role-playing game. It has lots of silly items such as the "Cloak of Obscurity" and "The Other Ring". It's a fun way of killing a few hours with friends.

So, I've started this blog and have invited some others to join with me. That will relieve the pressure of the individual blog, and with a pseudonym, I can post what I will. I don't know if it will work any better or not, but we'll see.